There is a distinctive difference between “outsourcing” and “insourcing” that should be clarified. It’s important to understand the difference as you look to leverage it as a part of your business. Both have a specific function and fit in the business marketplace, but it is important to understand your objective and long-term goals.
Outsourcing is hiring an outside organization to complete specific tasks. Insourcing is a business practice performed within the operational structure of the organization. The biggest difference between outsourcing and insourcing is the methods in which work, projects, or tasks are performed between various companies and departments.
Insourcing at Global BP:
- Full-Time, dedicated team member
- Hired thru resume review and video Interviews
- Work the same hours as your office
- Contracted rates, saving 60-75% of traditional costs
- Virtual, saving brick and mortar space
- Elevate current team to focus on high return/priority tasks
- Improve office efficiency
- Leverage growth/expansion opportunities
- Improve bottom-line profitability
- Embrace virtual team members into their culture/become part of the family
- Web Development
- Creative Design
- 2D/3D animation
- CRM Manager
- Human Resources
- T. Support
- Customer Service/Help Desks
- Sales Support
- Lead Generation
- Data Entry
From your first call to onboarding your virtual team member, the timeline can be as quick as 5 business days. You are just a week away from experiencing the WOW factor of a Virtual Team member and changing lives in the process.
J.W. Oliver is a Co-Founder and Managing Partner for GlobalBPsolutions.com based in Texas with a BP center in Africa. A Christian based business with a desire to help business and ministries be their very best while helping support others globally.